From the chimney and gabled dormer to the classic symmetrical design, our Cape Code Birdhouse is one you and the songbirds will love. It's a graceful addition to your landscape and a welcome home to your favorite songbirds.
A cedar shingled roof tops off the attractive design that features windows, railings and front door. Painted in crisp white, no detail has been overlooked.
Our two-story Cape Cod Birdhouse will attract wrens, finches, chickadees and more to nest. The fully functional design includes ventilation, drainage, an unpainted interior and a 1¼" dia. opening. Plus, the back wall removes for easy cleaning.
This classically styled birdhouse is constructed of a mix of hardwood and exterior-grade plywood, then painted with an outdoor paint.
Two-piece Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood finished with outdoor paint.
- Set includes Cape Cod Birdhouse and Wood Pedestal Pole
- Fully functional wooden birdhouse with architectural details
- Attract wrens, finches, chickadees and more to nest
- Solid wood and plywood house; cedar-shingled roof
- Two-story porch with railings; dormer window
- Unpainted interior; non-toxic, exterior finish
- 1¼" dia. opening attracts songbirds
- Removable back, drainage holes and ventilation
- Pole with pedestal base is kiln-dried hardwood finished with outdoor paint
Birdhouse 11"L x 10"W x 9"H
1¼" dia. opening
Pole 16" x 16" base x 43"H
Mounting platform approx. 6" x 8"
Materials & Care
Over time, this birdhouse will require some easy weatherproofing if used outdoors. Avoid chemicals and sealants that can be harmful to wildlife. We suggest preserving the wood with a clear, UV-rated polyurethane product recommended for marine use. Apply only to the exterior of the house (not the interior nesting quarters). Depending upon weather exposure and wear, you may need to reapply yearly.
The cedar roof shingles are naturally weather-resistant and will age to a silvery gray patina. This is perfectly normal and they will maintain their functionality regardless of color..