The Legend of Christmas Stockings Holiday Coin Collection
The legend of the Christmas Stocking is a fun gift for all ages. Saint Nicholas was said to be the first to throw coins in stockings that hung on the fireplace mantle to dry. Now, imagine the enjoyment of finding a stocking filled with old and rare coins on Christmas morning!
A bright red stocking with a hanging loop comes with 15 Lincoln wheat pennies minted from 1909 to 1958; a 1943 Lincoln penny minted in steel due to the shortage of copper during World War II; a "buffalo" nickel minted 1913 to 1938 with a James Earle Fraser designed Native American portrait on the obverse and a buffalo on the reverse; a bicentennial quarter minted 1975-1976 layered in 24k gold; and a Washington quarter colorized using a special ink process with the image of Santa Claus.
This amazing collection of authentic United States coins comes with a printed legend and a Certificate of Authenticity. Mint years will vary.
- Legend of the Christmas Stocking coin collection
- Red stocking filled with authentic vintage U.S. coins
- 15 Lincoln wheat pennies (1909-1958)
- 1 Lincoln steel penny (1943)
- 1 "buffalo" nickel (1913-1938)
- 1 bicentennial quarter layered in 24K gold
- 1 Washington quarter with a color image of Santa Claus
- Comes with a printed legend and a Certificate of Authenticity
3"W x 6"H