The American Credo (from the Latin for "I believe") Series of 1960-1961 was issued to underscore the ideals upon which our nation stands. Each stamp features a quotation from one of six heroes of the Republic: George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Francis Scott Key, Abraham Lincoln, and Patrick Henry.
A poll of one hundred distinguished Americans, including leaders in public life, historians, and presidents of state universities, helped determine the included quotations in this unique collection. At the time they were issued, each 4¢ stamp paid the postage for a one-ounce domestic-rate letter.
The perfect introduction to stamps for the beginner or a thoughtful and unique gift for the avid collector. The stamps are housed in a 4"x6" vinyl protective wallet which includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- American Credo Stamp Series collector's set
- Issued from 1960-1961 as four cent stamps
- Each stamp features a quote from a notable American historic figure
- George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson
- Francis Scott Key, Abraham Lincoln, and Patrick Henry
- Comes in a protective vinyl wallet
- Certificate of Authenticity included
- Brilliant introduction to stamps for the beginner
- Thoughtful and unique gift for the avid collector
4"L x 6"W
4"L x 6"W.