Our Snowy Owls Cast Stone Wall Art captures a mama and baby owl all ready for winter weather, bundled up in a cozy knit hat and scarf. Cast in stone from a remarkably detailed original sculpture, this charming wall decoration does a terrific job recreating the texture of both feathers and knit material, giving the piece a real lifelike feel. This wall sculpture is hand cast in the same stone/concrete that is used to build bridges, so it is very weather resistant.
This whimsical piece is another example of the charming, creative and artfully produced work of George Carruth. While working as a sculptor for American Greetings Cards in his late 20s, George Carruth started carving images on stones with basic hand tools simply as a way to enjoy the outdoors and practice his sculpting techniques. Now his work is in homes around the world.
- Mama and baby snowy owls on a branch
- Detailed sculpture captures the texture of feathers, knits and more
- Hand cast in weather-resistant stone/concrete
- Original sculpture by George Carruth
- For indoor or outdoor display
7½"W x 8½"H x 1½"D