- Exquisite and functional work of art
- Cast aluminum Atlas base figure
- Forged steel sphere rings
- Arrow-shaped brass gnomon casts a shadow to indicate the time
- A stunning and conversation-worthy addition to your landscape
This handsome Atlas Armillary Sundial will be a striking addition to any landscape. An exquisite and functional work of art, this armillary sphere is an estate quality yard ornament that is constructed of heavy gauge brass, finished steel and aluminum materials.
Supported on the shoulders of mighty Atlas, the sphere rings were originally a representation of the way ancient astronomers viewed the universe. As knowledge of the heavens grew, the armillary sphere became primarily used as a sundial. With the arrow-shaped gnomon pointed to true north, the sun will cast a shadow on the inner ring which is imprinted with Roman numerals to display the time of day. This high quality time instrument will be a wonderful conversation piece that is sure to delight and intrigue everyone who sees it.
28"H x 27"W x 16"D