- Figurine of a young woman with a golden "halo"
- The idea of a wish is open to interpretation by the giver and receiver
- Reproduced from original carving by Susan Lordi
- Each piece is cast in resin and hand-painted
- Add to your collection or give as a gift
The Willow Tree "Wishing" Figurine displays a tender gesture and a sentiment that is left open to the interpretation of the giver and receiver. “This is a very open piece, in which the giver and receiver participate in defining its meaning." says artist Susan Lordi. "The giver can fill in the wish—perhaps a hopeful wish for a future aspiration, or a wistful “missing you” wish, or a healing wish of comfort and friendship.”
Like all Willow Tree pieces, the original for Wishing was hand carved by Susan Lordi. Using family and friends as models, Susan tries to capture a moment in time or express a feeling. Pieces are cast from her original carvings, and then individually painted by hand. Add this lovely piece to your collection or give it as a gift to someone in need or simply as a reminder of friendship.Read More