Wind & Weather® - SHARE the LOVE Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The SHARE the LOVE Contest ("Contest") is open only to legal residents of the forty eight
contiguous United States that are at least twenty five (25) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Plow &
Hearth, LLC (P&H), and its parent and affiliate companies, licensees, contractors, vendors and/or franchisees
as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such individuals
are not eligible. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official
Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a
prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Plow & Hearth, LLC., 7021 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, VA 22727.
- Timing: The Contest begins on October 11, 2013 and ends on November 22, 2013 ("Contest Period").
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period, visit http:// www.windandweather.com/sharethelove completely fill out the online entry form and submit, in 350 words or less, a human love story, either a personal story or someone else's. The two individuals in the winning love story will receive all-expense paid trip to Central Virginia. Narratives can include romantic love and also love between friends or family. Animal love stories, pet and owner love stories, physical love stories and stories using offensive language will not be accepted.
- Winner Selection: Entrant's stories will be submitted to a SHARE the LOVE committee ("Committee") of five P&H employees that will choose three finalists on December 4, 2013 based on the unique, unusual, conversation-worthy nature of the love story. These three finalists will then be asked to submit a 5x4 image (approximately 1,000-5,000 width pixels and 800-1,200 height pixels) of the subjects of the story to the Committee by December 16, 2013. This photo of the winning pair may be published in Wind & Weather's spring 2014 catalog. Beginning December 11, 2013 the three final stories will be placed on Wind & Weather's Facebook page, with the public voting on the winning love story. Voting will end on December 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM EST. Within two days of the end of voting, the winner will be notified via email.
- ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST PRIZE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all terms and conditions. The potential Contest winners will be contacted via the email address they provided upon entry. Winners may be required to sign and return to P&H, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If a potential Prize winner does not claim their prize within one week after email notification, the prize shall be forfeited. In the event a potential winner of any prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by referring to the love story with the second highest number of votes. In the event that none of the three finalists responds to the email notification , P&H may elect not to award the prize.
Prizes: All individuals who submit a love story will be entered in a drawing to win a $100 Wind & Weather gift card. The winner of the Contest will receive roundtrip coach airfare within the United States to Central Virginia, a rental car and housing with one dinner included (meal excludes alcohol, tax and gratuity). Winner can also choose five out of eight local activities organized by Wind & Weather. Winner is responsible for all taxes, fees and gratuities associated with prize receipt and/or use. List of available activities will be sent to winner. Airfare is forfeited if winner resides or lives within 100 miles of Charlottesville, Virginia.
Release: By receipt of any Contest prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, vendors, contractors and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, now known or subsequently created, without further payment or consideration.
General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or other means; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest provided if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in and for the state of Virginia or the appropriate Virginia State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia. Entrants hereby consent to jurisdiction in the state of Virginia and agree such jurisdiction is the most appropriate and convenient for resolution of disputes related to this Contest.
Contest Results: For Contest results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Contest Winners / Rules", c/o Wind & Weather SHARE the LOVE Contest, 7021 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, VA 22727. Requests for winners list must be received by January 6, 2014. © 2013, Plow & Hearth, LLC. All Rights Reserved.