Honor 100 years of Mother's Day with our heartwarming Mother's Day Coin And Stamp Collection. A historical gift from the heart, this black wood easel frame holds a genuine U.S. 1914 Lincoln Wheat Penny in tribute to the year Mother's Day became a national holiday and the stamp that was issued for use on Mother's Day mail. This colorful stamp features a reproduction of James Whistler's "Portrait of My Mother." Also included in the beautiful desk frame with elegant matting is a poem by Edgar Allen Poe. A charming, unique gift for any mother who loves history, collects coins or stamps. Certificate of Authenticity is included.
A hundred years ago President Woodrow Wilson declared Mother's Day a national holiday. The Presidential Proclamation 1268, written in 1914, designates the second Sunday in May as Mother's Day. As a public expression of our love and reverence for the mothers of our country, President Wilson called upon all government buildings to display the U.S. flag.
• Coin And Stamp Set For Mother's Day
• Includes a 1914 Lincoln Wheat Penny and a 1934 postage stamp honoring mothers
• Displays an Edgar Allen Poe poem about mothers
• Black wood easel frame with beautiful matting
• Certificate of Authenticity is included
9"L x 1/2"D x 7"H