Track the weather from home with the best home weather station from Wind & Weather. This station includes a minimum maximum thermometer for the temperature, plus it provides an abundance of additional weather information from humidity and barometric pressure to rainfall, dew point and even UV ratings. You get all of this with an easy-to-read screen that is stylish and can have a prominent place in your home or office. These 6-1/4"H x 8-1/2"W weather stations for home use come with a USB cable and software to use them with a PC. They use an included AC adapter and batteries (not included).
• This Advanced Weather Station with Temperature, Humidity and Wind Speed gives all the pertinent weather information in an instant
• It includes a minimum maximum thermometer and tracks wind speed, humidity, rainfall, barometric pressure, dew point, and UV ratings with easy-to-use icons
• This 6-1/4"H x 8-1/2"W best home weather station features a sleek design with the controls hidden behind the panel
• These weather stations for home use are PC-compatible with a USB cable and software, they collect and analyze data from up to eight sensors (four included)
• This set uses an AC adapter for the base, four AA batteries for the base unit, two AA batteries for the wireless accessories and two AAA batteries for the infrared remote (batteries not included)
Transmission Ranges: UV Sensor: 328"; Anemometer: 100'; Rain Gauge: 100'; Thermo-Hygrometer: 328'
Temperature, Base: 14° to 140° F
Temperature, Remote: -40° to 122° F
Humidity, Base: 10 to 90% RH
Humidity, Remote: 0 to 95% RH
Barometric Pressure: 15.00" to 32.00" Hg
UV Rating: 0-36 UVI
Time: User-set, 12/24 hour, alarm, calendar
Rainfall, Hourly: 0" to 99.99"
Wind Speed: 2 to 199.9 mph
Wind Direction: 0° to 360° Accuracy ±11.25°
Wind Chill: -120° to 130° F. Accuracy ±2° F
Dew Point: -105° to 130° F. Accuracy ±3° F
Base unit uses AC adapter (included) and four AA batteries (not included).
Wireless accessories each use two AA batteries (not included).
Infrared remote uses two AAA batteries (not included).
6-1/4"H x 8-1/2"W
Great Weather station
Reviewed on: 11/22/2012 12:00:00 AM
I use the station every day for local forcasts.I am
involved in beekeeping and gardening,and this helps
Not a Toy!
Reviewed on: 5/26/2010 12:00:00 AM
This is not a toy! It is best used by technically adept people who are interested in serious weather tracking and forecasting. It comes with a large manual and detailed instructions. It provides much accurate information - too much for the casual user. But for the right person it is well worth the money.
Placement of the sensors is important and apartments and some houses may not allow for proper placement. Wind speed/direction must have clear access to the wind. I couldn't mount it as high as recommended but it's working properly. The rest of the sensors should follow mounting directions as close as possible.
Configuring the system can be problematic. I still haven't figured out how to set elevation and properly set the alarms. The screen background lighting comes on automatically as it gets dark but it is too bright in a bedroom (you can turn it off).
One look tells me the current weather and the forecast. It is a very useful device up here on the farm and I'm glad I brought it. It gives me better information than the local weather forecast. I haven't used the PC software yet but will get to it soon. I would highly recommend this device to those with sufficient space to properly mount the sensors and with a real need/interest in monitoring the weather.
- Old Man with a Stove
Reviewed on: 5/25/2010 12:00:00 AM
use it at work to record rainfall and wind.
- The Cravy