Enjoy predicting the weather with this Fitzroy Storm Glass Barometer, named after Admiral Fitzroy, an accomplished meteorologist who used a storm glass on his historic 1831 voyage with Charles Darwin aboard the HMS Beagle. How this storm glass barometer really works remains a mystery, but it is believed that electromagnetic changes in weather patterns activate the crystals inside. When the air pressure decreases watch and wait as the sealed-glass chamber fills with crystals. Framed in a lacquered polished-brass, or chrome case, the barometer can stand or be attached to the wall via a mount, making it a wonderful addition to you indoor décor. A separately sold Wood Mounting Plaque has an etched-brass plate that explains storm glass dynamics, giving extra information for curious visitors. Predictions are usually 1-2 days in advance.
• Fitzroy Storm Glass Barometer predicts weather 2 days in advance
• Brass or Chrome finish makes for a stylish addition to interior decoration
• Wall and table mounts allow for multiple presentation options
• Separate Wood Mounting Plaque explains storm glass dynamics
• Storm glass barometer provides fun learning points for families Size
Storm Glass 7"H x 2" Dia.
Mounting Plaques 8"H x 10"W Save $19.95 on the Storm Glass and Plaque sets!